Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Well, we have to begin somewhere

I am pretty new to blogging. I have some experience working on the internet but I have never managed, and barely edited, a blog before. Even though I am speaking in the first person, I am not going to use my real name in posts for purposes of privacy. In fact, my real does not matter for the purpose of this project.

I happen to believe that in this country, the United States of America, there will be a Christian revival in the coming years comparable in many ways to the "Great Awakenings" of our past history. I am writing this blog to spread this idea and, honestly, to help myself understand what I am thinking!

I will elaborate on all sorts of details as I get the feel of blogging and find worthy news stories, writings and thoughts of my own, etc.

I have had this idea, or some form of it, for almost two years. You may consider it crazy, or unprecedented (which, examining history, it is not) or simply unlikely. Think what you want, but I want you to read this blog and read the posts here, and think about it.

Without further ado, here is a link to a wonderful essay detailing one take on this proposed "Fifth Great Awakening." It is entitled "The Coming Fifth Great Awakening in America." Read it, or just skim through it. I believe that some of its observations and propositions are truly insightful.
http://www.conservapedia.com/Essay:The_Coming_Fifth_Great_Awakening_in_America

No comments:

Post a Comment